Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Walking on clouds...

Now that our dad is on the road to healthier days I can't help but feel such gratitude in every second that I have my eyes open. Hearing the news last week that my dad is getting better - lifted literally a million pounds off my shoulders. I know that what was going on since Sept had been weighing on me but I had no idea just how much until it was released last Tuesday. Now the everyday trials and annoyances can be tackled that much easier - and I can even face them with a smile...

I know I don't say much on this blog - mainly because I have two amazing sisters that just take care of sending out the news for me...but I feel like I have so much say yet I can't really find the words to express exactly what I'm feeling. Mostly just happiness- elated happiness and relief. I can breath now. I no longer have constant anxiety and aggression. And when I did have those things - I didn't even realize it...I feel like now that my dad has another chance at life - or just a longer life than we were expecting - I can live my life now/again.

Now anyone who knows my dad knows that feeling this way is ridiculous and he would be completely pissed if anyone's "life" was put on hold because of his...but then anyone who knows Tow Ewing would find it impossible to continue on with their lives as if nothing was wrong. So being the youngest daughter of the greatest man alive - I can too easily put my life on hold when I find out that this amazing man's life could soon just be a memory.

But I don't want to have to "explain" to my future kids how awesome their grandpa was - no way - not gonna happen. They are going to know first hand just how great is. He's going to be the best fricken grandpa ever because he's the best dad ever. He's the best friend ever - brother, son, neighbor, employee, you name it, he's the best. And someone up there knows that there is too much going on down here for him to miss out on. (Thanks up there, by the way)

I am a believer - and I am extremely selfish. I want my dad to be better and I want my dad to stick around. So at 7 & 7 everyday - I picture my dad's cancer being plucked out the earth like carrots by a rabbit. (Little bunny Fufu) It's something someone told me that worked for a cancer patient - and it if worked for them, I'll try it too. And in my mind - it's working. I also picture my future and he's with me the whole way. The power of positive thinking works incredibly...this is proof.

I also know that I would not be able to fathom going through something like this with out the family and support group that I am blessed to have. I am truly the luckiest person in world to have the family I have. I don't even have to talk to them for them to know how I'm feeling - they know, and they pray, and they love unconditionally. Now that's family.

So I'm ending this little blog with the note of hope - I have hope today and I will always have hope from now on. I love everyday now - my cheeks have been sore for the past week because I can't stop smiling!!

11 comments:

  1. OMG... love it Buggy! I have been thinking about writing almost this exact same blog since we got the good news, but was feeling a bit too "blogger-ish" ;) so I restrained. But I am so glad that you took the time to write this. I feel like you took the words right out of my mouth. I also feel like I have an extra bounce in my step and am even sleeping better since we got the fab news. AND I have a feeling this was just the beginning of good news for us... because you are right-- someone up there does know we need him here and they are going to keep him here!

    Love you Bug! And LOVE this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this too Bug...I hear it in your voice even everyday - the dread has been replaced with joy. How funny you picture Little Bunny Fufu bopping the cancer on the head! I have a similiar picture, I guess the more agressive "Whack a Mole"...your dad was the best at whack a mole so I guess I shouldn't be surprised he's kicking cancer's ass as promised! Love you girls and so happy you have each other for this ride. Thanks for putting your feelings to words. LOVE IT! Love, Mommie Dearest

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love you buggy... what a beautiful gift for us. your thoughts, so perfectly composed. walking on sunshine or in the clouds, little bunny fufu or the big bad wolf. so glad i have you to go through all these journeys with.
    ~kyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will you be updating the blog with Dr. Ko's analysis of the miracle? WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was thinking about your family today and was so happy to read your blog updates. Doing the 7 and 7 thing here too. Lots of good prayers and vibes coming all the way from Phoenix.

    xoxo
    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So.....the miracle continues...we're off to Cozumel!!

    ReplyDelete