Wednesday, November 25, 2009

good news :)

Dad was supposed to go in for chemo today which would have actually sucked because he'd start feeling pretty bad around Friday and through our long Thanksgiving weekend. They called him today and said he should enjoy the weekend and go in for the poison on Monday - woohoo :)

We've got quite the agenda for the weekend so this is truly great news! Everyone is doing their own thing Thursday and we are all meeting up on Friday in Paso Robles for Thanksgiving part deux. We are looking to have a serious turnout for this Ewing family get together. Last count was 48 and growing - and when I say growing, I mean it quite literally. By the time Friday comes, 8 more of my cousins will probably be pregnant - hard to believe there are so many grand babies now... i kinda love it :) I am so looking forward to being surrounded by my entire family - will be missing Mike and Ash, Scott, Kelly and Collin and Matty Boy, but the rest of the crew should be there.

It will be perfect - dad can get a little soul food this weekend - lots of love and laughter, then go in and beat the hell out of the tumor on Monday!



And - as promised... here are the place cards that we worked on last weekend - cutest ever, huh?

Happy Thanksgiving to all... I know I've got a lot to be thankful for - the love and support of friends and family for one.

I'm going to spend some time tomorrow being thankful I'm at the spa instead of work, that the weather is gorgeous when it could easily be raining, that I get to see my family Friday when I never expected everyone to come and especially that I landed where I did - in life, with this crew... when I could have easily been born to anyone else :) lucky me!

~kyle

1 comment:

  1. Ok, first of all..those are the damn cutest placecards ever! The Ewing Girls and their creativity blows me away everytime :) And second, enjoy your day...and every day after this one. We truly all have alot to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete