Thursday, November 12, 2009

Update from Chemo Round 2

I just got a call from my dad as he was leaving chemo.

Dad: Hi honey, just wanted to call you and let you know that I'm leaving chemo and I feel so good I'm going to go get Panda

(note to reader: i'm pretty sure that panda express would be my father's final meal if he were getting the chair tomorrow which is hilarious, but sweet and simple and i kinda love it. we knew things were bad when even Panda wasn't working for him a few weeks ago).

Me: That's awesome - so you don't feel terrible or you actually feel good?

Dad: I feel good.

Me: So, like you are the rare person who randomly loves chemo and feels like a million bucks after?

Dad: I don't know if I'd quite say that...

But, he is feeling good and is clearly in good spirits. The nurse said that he shouldn't expect to feel any worse than he did the first time around as far as nausea goes, but that he might experience more fatigue than in the past.

So far, so good :)

~Kyle
(not quite the bloggin fool whitney is, but give me some time...)

6 comments:

  1. I love it... I had almost that exact same convo today! I texted Ryan to give him an update and said something along the lines of "Chemo went well... he's eating Panda for lunch-- all is right in the world." We'll have to call it the "Panda Factor" and it'll be the benchmark of how he is feeling! :) haha

    Thanks for updating... and ummm what do you mean? You are blog-a-riffic! :)

    ~Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy when he called me and said that he was thinking about calling Whit for lunch at PANDA EXPRESS and that it actually sounded really good to him...awesome NEWS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! There's nothing a little orange chicken can't fix :) Glad he is doing so well with chemo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dad is so awesome. Go Tom!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad he is doing so well! Thinking of you-

    tish

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beat this and we'll get you a real Panda!

    Keep on keepin on!
    Scott

    ReplyDelete